Our gift Program
Our Gift Program
- Members of the Minchu Team identify schools for children that live below the poverty line. Volunteers speak with every child and identify what the child’s wish is during this festive season.
- These dreams are translated to “wish tags”, consolidated and ready for distribution to individuals who wish to participate.
- Individuals from Organizations pick up one or more tags during the Campaign sessions and shop for gifts for an unknown child.
- Gifts are handed over to the event coordinator within the Organization.
- Volunteers from Minchu collect these gifts on a specific day, sort and arrange based on class and section categories and transport them for distribution in the school.
- The team encourages volunteers amongst sponsors to facilitate the program and also participate on the day of the event.
- Our gesture of purity from the child’s heart – Every participant receives a personal thank you note from the child that is blessed with gifts and wishes.
The Gift Program allows individuals working in Corporate from around the city of Bangalore to reach out to the underprivileged strata of children. Minchu’s gift program is simply an ‘enabler”. By allowing my family and me to shop for an underprivileged child, the spirit of any Festival is enhanced. In turn, making this child’s Festival special, is an extremely gratifying experience for us.
Minchu is everything about flashing a smile. I think it is the smile in the eyes of the children, their parents, the teachers and the coordinators we work with, which makes it always memorable. I have been part of the program since inception and have absolutely enjoyed every single opportunity. These children are special, and their happiness through a gift program is even more…. Someday, we can fall back on these beautiful memories and remind ourselves that “life is indeed beautiful”.
Comment from a Minchu Principal at an event
“Today is a special day for these children as they might have never seen such gifts in their life before. It is evident from their faces…..”
We can extend our hands to the children who are less fortunate.
Enriched childhood experience and guidance at an early age are the only tools that will help the children of today as they evolve into the adults and citizens of this world tomorrow.
Team Minchu believes in bringing out the child in all. Schools and Insitutions are doing a fine job of inculcating proper education and values to children. We interact with children as friends, exchange ideas and thoughts, encourage them to be their natural self and enjoy the true gifts of childhood.
What do we envision through our program?
- To spread the joy of sharing
- To enhance the experience of childhood
- To provide an opportunity for those who wish to share
- To spread the spirit of festival Season
- To evangelize “Minchu” and its program within your Organization
- To seek the support of spirited individuals within your Organization during this Festive Season.
- To jointly support, appreciate and cherish the out-reach program
- To build a long-term relationship with the Organization and continue with these initiatives in the years ahead.